About Harbor House

Founded in 1973 and still changing Lives…

Admission FAQs Other questions you may have…


Can I use the telephone to stay in contact with family and friends?

Residents will be allowed the use of unit phones for a minimal amount of time as indicated on the current policy in effect posted on the residential units. Specific days and times will vary depending on census and holiday/weekend schedules. Harbor House may find it clinically contraindicated to allow phone privileges at time. Clients are expected to abide by the current policies and therapeutic indications. Clients cannot receive incoming calls. Please do not answer a phone if it rings. In cases when a client makes a call and an answering machine picks up, this is not considered a phone call. The client will be allowed to leave a short message.

Will I be allowed to send and receive mail?

All incoming mail and packages must be opened in the presence of a staff member. All outgoing mail should be at the Clinical Technician’s station by 8:00am, and the staff member on duty will take mail to the front lobby for delivery. Clients are not allowed to deliver or retrieve mail from the mailbox.

When can I have visitors?

Due to COVID-19, visitation is not allowed at this time. For those individuals who choose to participate in family therapy, in-person or telehealth family time would be allowed with staff to facilitate the sessions.

Will I be able to smoke?

Currently, Harbor House allows clients to smoke in designated areas outside. Clients can only smoke during scheduled breaks, and clients that do smoke should bring their own cigarettes. Harbor House will not provide any tobacco products for clients.

How do I report a complaint?

Harbor Houses encourages you to be an active participant in your treatment services. If you feel that you are not satisfied with the services provided and your client rights have been violated, you have a right to file a complaint.
The following steps outline the procedures for making your complaint known and to have your needs met. Follow the steps in order until you feel your complaint has been addressed to your satisfaction. First, discuss your concern(s) with your assigned therapist immediately and request a client grievance form to be submitted to the assigned therapist, CT Manager, or Clinical Operations Director at your discretion. Second, request a meeting with the Clinical Operations Director within five (5) days of your first report of complaint. Third, request a meeting with the Assistance Executive Director or Executive Director within three (3) days of the meeting with the Clinical Operations Director.

If you do not receive a satisfactory response from Harbor House administration, you may file a complaint with the MS Department of Mental Health.
Mississippi Department of Mental Health Office of Consumer Support
DMH Helpline: 1-877-210-8513
601-359-6298 (Jackson area)

What kind of rules do I have to follow?

Harbor House Chemical Dependency Services has rules and regulations to protect the interests of all clients and to create a safe and healthy environment for individuals to recover from addiction – a serious, chronic, and fatal disease. A complete list of rules and regulations will be provided to you during the admission process.

How long will I have to wait to be admitted?

Harbor House does its best to schedule admissions as soon as possible as we know this is a critical time in your life. While Harbor House gives priority admissions to persons living in Hinds County, persons are generally served on a first come first serve basis. However, in accordance with MS Department of Mental Health Standards, Harbor House adheres to the following admission priorities stipulated in 45 CFR 96.31(a), in the following order:

i. Pregnant injecting substance users,

ii. Other pregnant substance users.

iii. Other injecting substance users,

iv. Individuals without Medicaid, Medicare, Third Party Insurance, or Private Insurance and no other payer source,

v. Early Intervention for HIV/AIDs and Tuberculosis Services, and

vi. All Other


Can I come to Harbor House if I am pregnant?

Yes, Harbor House does accept women who are pregnant, especially if intravenous drug use is part of your story. However, Harbor House also needs to be sure that your medical needs can be met in our residential facility. When you call, the admissions team and the Medical Director will discuss your medical needs and determine whether the safety and health of you and your baby are best met at Harbor House or one of the many other treatment centers we can refer you to for the best care possible.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us

5354 I-55 South Frontage Road East Jackson, Mississippi 39272

p: 601-371-7335
f: 601-371-3217

© 2023 - Harbor House -| Powered by Agora Eversole